2023 VA Loan Limits in Texas


New 2023 VA loan limits in Texas won’t be released until November but we’re honoring them now effective September 11, 2022 for VA loans locked starting today.

  • $726,200 for regular 1–4 unit VA loans (increased from $647,200)
  • $1,073,000 for regular 1–4 unit VA loans in AK and HI (increased from $970,800)

VA jumbo loans starting $1 over the county loan limit up to $4M


VA-backed Veterans home loans

VA direct and VA-backed Veterans home loans can help Veterans, service members, and their survivors to buy, build, improve, or refinance a home. You’ll still need to have the required credit and income for the loan amount you want to borrow. But a Veterans home loan may offer better terms than with a traditional loan from a private bank, mortgage company, or credit union. For example, nearly 90% of VA-backed loans are made with no down payment. Learn about our different loan programs—and how to apply.

How do I request a COE?

You can request a COE through your lender or by mail.

Texas Premier Mortgage can help you order this

We have an online system (called Web LGY) to get your COE. Ask your lender about this option.

By mail

To request a COE by mail, fill out a Request for a Certificate of Eligibility (VA Form 26-1880) and mail it to the address for your regional loan center. You can find the address on the last page of the form. Please note that mail requests may take longer than requesting a COE through your lender.

Get VA Form 26-1880 to download

Can I use a COE I used before?

You may be able to “restore” an entitlement you used in the past to buy another home with a VA direct or VA-backed loan if you meet at least one of these requirements.

At least one of these must be true:

  • You’ve sold the home you bought with the prior loan and have paid that loan in full, or
  • A qualified Veteran-transferee agrees to assume your loan and substitute their entitlement for the same amount of entitlement you used originally, or
  • You’ve repaid your prior loan in full, but haven’t sold the home you bought with that loan (you can only do this one time)

To request an entitlement restoration, fill out a Request for a Certificate of Eligibility (VA Form 26-1880) and send it to the VA regional loan center for your state.

For more information about VA loans, their benefits and loan options and how it may apply to you, please contact us direct at 281-407-0908 or submit the quick quote form on this page.